In the last project of the term we shall discuss successful initiatives of intervention in the community. Let’s set off with Stakistan
Surf the site and find out what Skateistan is all about. YOu’ll need to answer the following questions:
Does Skateistan break the stereotypes we have about certain communities? countries? Intervention programs?
- How long has it been working?
- Who is behind? Whose idea was it?
- Is there a section in Spain?
- Where does the funding come from?
- How can people take part?
- Has Skateistan ‘s initiative expanded to other countries?
- What do you think about the project?
- What is your opinion of the site?
- Could a similar initiative be successful in Spain?
- Do you think it could be a motivating for Spanish teenagers to get involved?
- Is Skateistan an opportunity to develop youth leadership and ethical values? Why? Why not?
- Can you see any drawbacks in this project?
Are you ready to test your intercultural competence? Take this quiz and get a personalised answer.
This short video will help you revise basic vocabulary dealing with Human Rights.
These two other videos will give you a quick outline of the history of Human Rights
Tag questions make your interaction sound much more natural. They also come in handy when you an oral presentation and try to connect with the audience. Today Teresa used tag questions to get some feedback from you.
Most of you have played hide and seek, haven’t you?
Here you can find some useful exercises.
Here follow a number of links to listening exercises connected with leisure: All of them are from elllo, a page you must be familiar with by now. Take the on line quiz and do the vocabulary exercises.